
Just look at that face- he was so excited to start school with his new "Clone Wars" backpack and lunchbox!

Daddy drove him to school (I don't think an hour bus ride with all of the "big kids" is appropriate for a 5 yr old.) But he gets to ride the bus home because it is just the kindergarten kids on the bus and Sister Astle (from Primary) drops him off right at our house! (and mommy has her cell phone number to call her at anytime!) ((very important!!!))

He thinks he is so big! He stopped to pose for the picture himself- I didn't even have to ask him too.

Daddy thought it was hilarious when he came home from taking Kort to school and found me like this..... but let me explain.... Kortlen is my oldest child whom has ALWAYS been home with me and had VERY few babysitters in his life time (all of which were family). Also, here in Afton there are not very many preschool programs available so Kort only went to preschool for one year and it was once a week for two hours. That is the ONLY experience we have had apart from each other! (And it only gets worse....) Kindergarten here in Star Valley is ALL DAY!!! There is NO option for half/day. So I am expected to just send my little five year old sweet boy out the door at 7:30am and not get to have him home again until 2pm! It has been TORTURE!!! And to top it all off- he absolutely LOVES it! I have been heart broken... And then, even when he gets home- he is so excited to play with his little brothers that he doesn't have time to tell me about his day. I have to wait until after I've tucked him and Tristen into bed at night and "eaves drop" when he shares every detail about his day at school with his little brother! I sure hope it will get easier because I still cry at lunch time when his barstool sits empty.
6 comments:
Oh Lacy, I bet that it doesn't help that your hormones are crazy with your pregnancy!! I'm so sorry that your baby is starting Kindergarten! I am just so dang exctied that I get a three hour break! HA!
Also- thank you for your comment on my blog. It meant a lot. It's good to know that someone else goes through the same thing so your not alone. :)
Gosh, he looks so big! All-day kindergarten just seems so hard. I don't think I had the attention span that young. What am I saying, I don't have it now! :D
Hang in there! It'll get easier, and I bet once the newness wears off, he'll be happy to tell his mom what he did. *long-distance hugs*
hey lacy! ohhh, they grow up way too fast. our oldest started jr. high this year. we are both biting our nails, hoping she keeps her sweetness! sigh.
it's hard...
btw - congratulations
Oh I feel for you! I know I'll be the same with my Jessie! But then we'll change and be ticked when they're out!
Kort, I have some pictures of your daddy on his first day of kindergarten. I hope you are having fun at school.
Love,
Grandma Louise
They do grow up way to fast, don't they! I know what you mean about the all-day kindergarten, though. But here, it is literally, ALL-DAY! They don't get out of school until 3:30!!! My poor little guy is going to be falling asleep at his desk! Thank goodness I have one more year to prepare him, and me!
Post a Comment